Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forgot password to 93 hp statesman laptop

• Please log in to reply

cc3c

cc3c

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an old Hewlett Packard Statesman Laptop from college. (1993) New then. A couple years ago, I gave it to my son, age 10. He entered a password and no one, including him knows what it was.

The laptop allows three tries to enter the password. Then it insists we shutdown.

When I hit the FN and ESC keys together I can get to a screen with minimal utility setting. But other than enabling/disabling timers or increasing/decreasing timers, I can not reset the system.

The laptop no longer has a working battery pack and we use the plug in for power.

While the utilities is a version 1.0 and I realize the outdated use of this laptop, It has many great features.

I would love to save the laptop if possible, especially if inexpensive.

Thank you for any assistance.

cc3c

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Bad news I'm affraid. These passwords are designed to prevent theft, and there's really no way arounf them -- except to bring it to an authorized service center. They have special hardware that allows them to reset the password.

cc3c

cc3c

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info, will check further with hometown computer store.

Great site!

cc3c

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
couldn't u just jump the CMOS Settings???