Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Core 2 Duo OC help PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

Qujibo

Qujibo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.
I have a cheap Motherboard (asus P5GZMX) and the slowest ddr2. But I overclocked the Core2 Duo to 1.86ghz & 2.10 (300 bus speed) it runs ok but I get less performance after overclocking?

Also After I Overclock my SATA HD stops working?

I have an en 7600GT

Any Ideas much appreciated cos this sucks I was getting better frames on my P4 3.6

Regards.

Advertisements

Dryfter

Dryfter

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm not an overclocking guru, but since you have "slow ram" I would recommend setting a divider.
Also, the type of ram, and maybe some pics of your bios might help me a little.

Refering to the Sata drive stopping. Have you tried switching sata ports?

Did you make sure your system is stable after the overclock?

These programs are what i recommend: SuperPi (must have 2 instances running for Dual Core CPU's), 3DMark 05 and 3DMark 06, and stress prime 2004 (stress prime should also have 2 instances running.

SuperPi - Run in 32M and if you crash your not stable.
3DMark 05/06 - If you crash your not stable.
Stress Prime 2004 - Run in Tourture test in Blend mode for atleast 8 hours. If you crash, again, your not stable.

I would try to keep your temps below 60C.

Edited by Dryfter, 30 March 2007 - 04:45 AM.