Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Browser Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tornel

Tornel

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
For whatever reason I cannot get any newer versions of IE or firefox to work. The newest firefox version I can get to work is 1.0.5, and IE if I upgrade to 7(even though I would rather not) it doesn't work either. I've tried all I can think of and still can't get either to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Info:
XP Home Edition(SP2)
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
1024 PC3200 RAM
PNY VERTO Geforce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB
SoundBlaster Audigy 2

If you need any more info let me know.

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
What happens when you run the installer for the programs?

Tornel

Tornel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
IE installs like it should, with no errors. The newer fireforx versions (2.0+) say they are incompatible with Java 6.0, which makes sense, but it still doesnt work even with older java versions. The other versions above 1.05 of firefox(1.5 ect.) install like normal, no incompatibilities, but when I open them they either dont open at all, or never go to a web page(same thing with IE 7).

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
You might run windows installer cleanup to remove any unneeded old programs:

Try uninstalling old versions before installing new versions.

http://www.majorgeek...lity_d4459.html

Tornel

Tornel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well I just wound up doing a fresh xp install, and everything works great now. Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions.