Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office: PowerPoint and Excel Programs

• Please log in to reply

anhhai

anhhai

• Pip
  • 9 posts
What happened? My microsoft EXCEL 2003 and PowerPoint 2003 disappeared. . Yes.. I went to start/all programs/microsoft office but the EXCEL and POwerPOint are NO LONGER there. I can pick up the excel(excel only) by going to start/run and typing in EXCEL.. Excel will then come up.. but if I want it to come up again, I have to do the same thing over again.. With PowerPoint, it does not work that way when I go to start/run and typing in PowerPoint. Where did they go?

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office and locate Excel.exe and Powerpnt.exe. Right click each file, select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut). You will now have a shortcut on your desktop to those programs.

anhhai

anhhai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks a lot.. It worked.. I do not know where that URL that you gave me came from but I have pasted it on my wall in case it happens again...

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Just out of curiosity...have you recently used any kind of registry cleaner?

anhhai

anhhai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
YES.... Just recently.. It was a trial.. I did it and sukpposedly it got rid of 10 of the 500 itrems(just a gimmick I know) and then I uninstalled it...