Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Damaged monitor

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have this Hp Color Display MX705 that now wouldn't turn on. Before this happened, the monitor's screen would blink constantly untill now when it seems to be dead after it just turned off. it'll just make this clicking sound when i turn it on. :whistling: plz somebody HELPP!!!!!!

Edited by darkcrimson, 02 April 2007 - 01:31 PM.

Advertisements

Dryfter

Dryfter

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Do you have a friend that has a monitor you could borrow? I google didn't find anything when I put that model number in, can you verify that it is correct?

If you know someone that has a monitor you should hook it up to your computer and I'm guessing it will work. I had a few monitors do that to me at work. Still don't know why they did it, but they are very old monitors. Maybe it was just time for them to go.

Hope this helps!

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
The monitor is a Hp MX705 actually, sorry for that mistake.

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
yeah that monitors dead. my komodo did that to me, fortunately it was under warranty.

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Well yah. I think it's dead but is there a way to fix it like replace a resistor or fuse inside the monitor or something. I already checked the fuse it seems ok. Is just something else i just can pin point.

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
i wouldnt recommend it unless you know what your doing. if you can get the cover off of it, you can take a look at the capacitors, check to see if any of them have popped, or if there are any burn marks on any parts on the inside. if you have never replaced anything like that before i say just get a new monitor.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
and remember a monitor can give you a pretty good jolt if you are not careful.... if you don't know how to discharge capacitors and the tube I would say it's not something you want to try and do....