Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

triantiums

triantiums

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have had a host of issues lately. I have posted in malware just incase, but I think it might just be windows problems.

I am unable to update Internet Explorer, which I think I need to do because i keep having issues with internet explorer telling me unable to access page, or whatever that frustrating no-internet page is. The thing is that my connection says its strong, so Im not sure why it gives me this message. The only way I can fix it is by rebooting the computer. This happens like every 20 minutes, It is so frustrating

Please Help!

Thank You

-Taylor

Advertisements

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Can you give us more information to work with, how are you connecting to the net? is there any webpages it happens on regularly? what version of IE are you using? how are you trying to update it? What is happening when you try updating?

triantiums

triantiums

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry, I realized that after I made the post.

I have a laptop with a wireless connection and is networked to my desktop.

I am able to get on the internet most of the time from my laptop, but my desktop says there is a network cable unplugged. But when I troubleshoot Linksys I can see that all the cables are where they should be, though linksys from my desktop says is unable to detect the router (even though my laptop can access the internet - seems weird to me) - This is the main issue,

I have had problems with Eplorer like i Listed and when I ran Windows Live OnceCare it said I needed to update Explorer

I clicked the link to the windows site, download it, an run it, but it just keeps running and running and makes no progress, eventually it freezes and I have to shut down. I believe this is because my explorer is not able to access any web pages about every 20 minutes and I have to reboot. I did a system restore last night and it seems to have helped though I dont know how or why, and Im sure the problem is still here

triantiums

triantiums

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Now that I think of it, since it is slightly better I think Ill try to update again one more time