Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Have been using Outlook Express for some time and have been pleased with its format. This past week however, it has taken to giving error message "sorry to inconvenience you but OE has experienced a problem and needs to close" and thus I lose all my typed info in an email. This can occur 3-4 times a session when I am on email. What am I doing wrong or what and who is the problem for this email program?

I keep a fairly clean PC re registry, files etc. but is there something else I can do? Also can one uninstall OE and then reinstall the program? Can anyone recommend another email program that has all the 'perks' of OE?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, nondaj.

What has happened on your system around the time that OE stopped working properly? Did you install anything? software, updates, hardware?

What Browser do you use? IE6, IE7, something else?

Please confirm your Operating System, including Service Packs. If Windows XP, is it Home or Professional?

Please check out this previous G2G Thread that deals with Outlook Express 6 issues.