Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:57 AM
Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:51 AM
My name is Harry, and I will be helping you out here. Please note, as this is an all volunteer site, replies may take some time.
Some instructions are long and complex, I suggest that during this process you print out the instructions to have as we move along. If at any time during this cleanup you are unsure about what you are doing, STOP AND ASK. If you wish to stop this process, just post that you are done. Feedback helps us help others just like you.
The first thing we need is a HJT log:
* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Post back, and I will take a look at whats going on.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users