Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 ip problem

• Please log in to reply

thedevil

thedevil

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello I have an enormous problem with my ip adress.
I have a wireles network but I have a ip adress from wireles
network to the modem.
And i have another ip adress from wireles network to my pc. please
help me with this problem.
:tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :)

Advertisements

thedevil

thedevil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
P.S. I AM PLAYING A GAME CALLED DELTA FORCE BLACK HAWK DOWN

AND NO ONE CAN JOIN ME HOSTED GAMES BECAUSE I HAVE A INTERNAL AND A EXTERNAL IP PLZ HELP :tazz: ;)

harpocrates

harpocrates

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi thedevil, The problem your are having is that your modem has an ip address which can be seen outside in the internet while your pc's internal ip cant. What you have to do is log on to your router and go to the port forwarding tab and redirect it to the internal ip of your pc and to a port that the game uses. For example for counterstrike you could have a redirect to 192.168.0.x:27015 where 192.168.0.x would be the internal ip of your pc and 27015 a port that the game would use. Make sure you set the same port in the game through a configuration file. Hope that helps...time to post my probem now:P

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
yeh heres a guide http://www.portforwa...tforwarding.htm to port forwarding i know it is most likely not 4 the router u have but as i dont know what router u have, it gives a brief description and of course u need and internal ip and an external the eastiest way to explain it is that the external ip is ur internet 1 which allows other to connect to ur house and then the internal ones is for ur network withini ur house so by forwarding a port u are effectively opening a gateway to ur computer.

thedevil

thedevil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi its me again me router is sitecome plz help me with this

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
here this is the general sitecom setup for port forwarding an router settings http://www.portforwa...tforwarding.htm
altho its not for ur specific router model it is for the brand and generally all models by a brand have similar setups so u should just be able to follow the port forwarding guide but ull need to fidn the ports first.

james