Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Test Failure

• Please log in to reply

Lonewolf5262

Lonewolf5262

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hiya Guys/Gals,

Seems my Toshiba Tecra is having a media test failure, goes into the never ending loop of restarts. Anyway i need to know how to get rid of it, i currently cannot access my computer. Its had the message in the past but it let me boot up so i didnt think it was anything. I have tried setting my HDD as top priority to boot from in bios, i have tried disabling my network card thingo none of it works. When i set my HDD as top priority it doesnt show the media test failure but it goes into a loop of the toshiba screen thing. My HDD isnt making funny sounds either, also note that i dont have any of the discs that were supposed to come with it if thats a soulution. I didnt want to reformat it incase it wouldnt work and then all my data would be lost. I also have a feeling someones going to tell me to backup my hard drive data so ill need one of those adapters. If so ill just take it to the repair guy..

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
well, first of all, go to a local pc shop. if they are like mine, they can backup the entire HDD on cd's. then, put all BIOS settings to the defaults. finally, drop in the boot disc that (shouldve) came with the pc.