Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop cannont connect to internet (Linksys WRT54G)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Choose which version of XP, then download (with the laptop) and install it on the desktop

http://downloadfinde...f...71&lang=eng

Advertisements

Orbison

Orbison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Will do - but im too tired to keep going... Im going to continue tommarow morning.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
As you will save it to disc anyway, keep it safe as you will need it for any clean install

Hope it goes well

Orbison

Orbison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

As you will save it to disc anyway, keep it safe as you will need it for any clean install

Hope it goes well

I downloaded the .exe, i put it on the flashdrive, and now its time for me to sleep... Ill report back to this thread tommarow - thanks :whistling:

Edited by RustedBass, 05 April 2007 - 11:59 PM.

Orbison

Orbison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok dude - I am posting this message from my desktop - the driver was a success! Thank you so much - you are a god... Its people like you that keep me coming back to GTG! Cheers man

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

ntf

ntf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

i have a problem allong the same lines.

I went on to broadband and the company used(orange) sent me a box (speedtouch330) but as we have two PC a bought the linksys router.
Dispite the so called quick ease setup claimed on box after much effort i call a mate and we finally go the system working one one PC. But after about 3 days the system shuts down and even with the green light on on the router the pc will not talk to it. (ps using hardwire not wireless).

The only way i have found to get the system to reconnect is to unplug the phone line from router and use old box , when conected, unplug phone line and reconect router turn off and on again, and hay presto it work again.

can anybody help with this problem.

Cheer

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
please post your own thread