Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need Help with IP Configuration

• Please log in to reply

mr_maxime

mr_maxime

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
We have the Linkys WRT54G router and I have not been able to connect to it using my D-Link Rangebooster. We have WEP security on it and weather or not it is disabled seems to have no effect. I tried connecting through ethernet port and it did not work. I also tried manually entering an IP address and it connected, but the internet itself did not work. I was using a PCI card before the rangebooster and it did the same. It doesnt seem to be the router since the PS3 can connect to the router without any problems.

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
What IP is your router assigning to you?

Go to START > RUN > Type ipconfig

then post what you get back here. Is DHCP enabled on your router?

mr_maxime

mr_maxime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
um somehow it works now, i restarted the computer, removed the router from wireless network tab, connected and it works.