Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios Screen Password

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
It goes to the screen right before the "user login" screen .... the bios screen and she says it says
somewhere farther down the screen

1st HD not found
2nd HD not found
enter password

she was trying to change the password and now it won't let her put any password in or at least
she can't put the right one in ....

Is there any way around this or a way to fix this problem?

dog

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
there are but not being a moderator here I dont' know if that would be allowed as you couldn't prove to us that it isn't a stolen computer and we would be helping you bypass security....

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
It's okay .... my daughter bought the computer used from a friend (not sure where the friend might have gotten it0.
It had a password on it ... she knew it and attempted to change it (not sure how) and the next time she tried to use
it, it wouldn't take EITHER password.

I also posted this problem at www.cybertechhelp.com and they told me how to fix it .... but as you pointed out, we
don't want to do anything or post anything that might help someone do something illegal.

All take care of though so thanks.

dog

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Glad you got it sorted. Since this is not my site nor do I admin or moderate I couldn't make a ruling on whether that was a respondable question.... I wasn't saying you had stolen it either just that a site like this has to be careful or you can end up in legal trouble if it turns out you DID help someone do an illegal activity...

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
No, it's cool thanks. One can never be too careful.

dog