Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help, Please hurry

• Please log in to reply

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello all,

I need some help, i dunno who, i dont no how, i dunno why. but, im pretty sure some sort of hacker out thre has my ip adress.

Can one of you fine gentelmen or gentelwomen help me out.

I need help changing my IP, and i need to do it pretty quick.
so if ANYONE knows how to change ip adresses, either with a program or CMD, please please tell me ASAP..

also im using a WIRELESS linksys ROUTER, and cable modem.

Please if anyone can help me ASAP, id apreciate it alot!

EDIT: im on windows XP!

Edited by vip3r, 06 April 2007 - 05:33 PM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Post a HiJackThis log here: http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html. Most hacking starts with a backdoor trojan or I suppose they could be in range of your house on your wireless network....

Your ip is usually determined by your ISP. Sometimes it is static in which it will never change and you would have to contact your ISP about getting changed. Others are dynamic (DHCP) and can be changed by simply shutting the power off to your modem and router for a minute or so and another random IP will be assigned to you.

Edited by Titan8990, 06 April 2007 - 06:56 PM.

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
ive contacted them and there pretty stuck up, they dont even no how, the guy is like, well we dont no how here, so contact linksys youre wirelss router support... then i call linksys and they say we dont do that, your isp does... this is getting unbaleivable. im so mad right now. sigh

well thanks anyways

anyone else know what to do??

thanks

bye

vip3r

vip3r

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
bump... soory to bump