Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card virus-stuck in windows classic mode-system restore not func

• Please log in to reply

Michea

Michea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows XP

As of a few days ago, with no new downloads or installs, my computer has stopped playing sound (WMP says there's a problem with my sound device), has reverted back to windows classic mode with the option of the new blue green and silvers no longer present, and my internet explorer has downgraded. System restore won't work properly, and I get a message sometimes when I am trying to use system restore saying: "System restore can't protect your computer, please restart and try again," or something of the like. I have gotten past that error message by trying multiple times to click on the option, but then restores are unsuccessful.

What could this be? I have a hijack this log that I can post if that's what I should do.

Thanks,

Michea

Advertisements