Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

http://www.qwickfind.com and Error Code: 0x8007F007

• Please log in to reply

Binzachi

Binzachi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried following your requirments but all the pages got redirected to http://www.qwickfind.com it hijacks almost every page I open it took me about 30 tries to even manage to post this, I couldn't manage to download any of the programs I am very sorry I tried my best but that page kept popping up, and also I can't upgrade to SP2 because I keep getting this error message Error Code: 0x8007F007 unable to locate update.inf I can't do anything at all online and when I turn my modem off it still keeps trying to open webpages, I'm really sorry I don't have more details but that was as much information as I could gather. If you have any advice for me please let me know, I'll try anything, I even used my factory restore disk and that didn't help as soon as I connected to the internet it started doing the same thing again. I've spent about 2 hours trying and trying and I finally managed to get this posted. I've done every update the microsoft update site will let me do, now the only one it says I need to do is SP2 but it keeps failing. I'm currently running Windows XP Home Edition. Is there anything at all I can do to fix this problem? And I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I was looking through and this was the place my problem seemed to fit in the best at. Also it is giving me so many pop ups I can't even count them all..

Edited by Binzachi, 09 April 2007 - 12:45 AM.

Advertisements