Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista and video card overclocking question

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i have downloaded an overclocking utility for my Nvidia video card and saved it as a reg entry. unlike XP, when i go to display on the control panel there is not an advanced settings module i can access to change the core clock configuration. is there any other utility available yet for overlocking?

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Use the classic view for the control panel to get it working.

lpchris85

lpchris85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i have already tried that and to no avail. the overclocking utility is activated through the Nvidia control panel. Between XP and Vista these are different, whereas XP's options were easy to access. I have, however found some traces in Vista where overclocking options for video cards used to be. they are now labeled "this file is no longer available in windows vista."