Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

belkin install hangs at 89%

• Please log in to reply

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Have a wireless card for a laptop, I get to 89% of install and hangs at C:\windows\system32\APCMCIAFIRSTHW
called Belkin and they instructed me to download new driver, and install from desktop..get same problem.

The genius I spoke to told me to try the wireless card in another computer, but since I have to complete the installation of software BEFORE I put the card in, it made no sense...after 1 hour they told me that a supervisor would call me...IM STILL WAITING !!!!

anyone have a idea?

I have a Toshiba satellite M35X laptop

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Looks like a lot of people have had this problem. See if this helps....

The trick is finding the version of your F5D7010 card.

You need to match the version (there are 5 versions: 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000) The back of your card should have a little sticker on it that says one of these versions.

Based on this information, search for in google F5D7010_v1 or F5D7010_v2 or F5D7010_v3....you get the picture and download the appropriate driver from the belkin website.

If you don;t have a sticker on your card, then you will have to try all 5 drivers to find out which one is compatible.

Once you found the correct driver, the installation will no longer freeze at 89% when it asks you to insert the card.

Took me a while to figure this out, I hope this helps everybody out.

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have version 1315 which I was told was version 1, which is the one that hangs

I have 2 cards both 1315....now what?

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
I would suggest a 3rd party driver....im sure there is one out there. I apologize that I cannot look right now as I am headed home. :whistling:

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I deleted all my downloads and reinstalled the same version 3 times. On the last try, it worked!!!

Now I can tell Belkin where to put their "expert help" manuals !!!!