Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot problem

• Please log in to reply

CabezaEnFuego

CabezaEnFuego

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I've been trying to talk my mother through a reformat and reinstallation of XP over the phone (I'm off at college). She has an HP Pavilion 752n. I was able to get her to open up the setup screen and to what sounded like the boot sequence page. However, she was unable to change the first option to CDROM. If anyone is familiar with this model or knows someplace online that has this information, it would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you trying to do a full system recovery on this PC? as in return to factory defaults? has the drive ever been formatted before? HP's manual for this system states that it's got a recovery partition that will allow for a destructive system restore of the system...check out page 77 (pdf page 106) of the Manual for the full instructions on doing a system recovery with the HP recovery method

CabezaEnFuego

CabezaEnFuego

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I finally got to come home and fixed it no problem