Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latest Java Update

• Please log in to reply

blueoyster

blueoyster

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi GTG ,didn't want to bump or interfere with a similar thread on this topic,but what would the correct procedure be?The Java site assumes us average users know.I have J2SE RuntimeEnvironment 5.0 Update 1 and J2SE RuntimeEnvironment 5.0 Update 11.With every update I'm able to remove the last version except Update 1.Is that because you need a previous version with their Active X install?Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Duane

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Despite having the name "update", none of the updates to JRE require a previous version to be installed. All of them are "standalone" installations. If JRE Update 1 is listed in your "Add/Remove Programs" you should be able to uninstall it, If it won't uninstall, there must be some other underlying reason such as a corrupt uninstall log file.

Edited by pip22, 13 April 2007 - 03:35 AM.

blueoyster

blueoyster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for your reply pip22.I'll remove J2SE 5 update 11 and try to remove update 1.On another thread there were some links to Sun-Java forum and FAQ on removal that might help.
Thanks,
Duane