Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What video card to get from CyberpowerPC

• Please log in to reply

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
I am going to get a Video Card from cyberpower PC and was wondering what video card is probably the best for my use which would be minimal gaming but ocassional movies and shows and such.

whats the best for my use and money

choices are on there website but anyways there here too:

None, or On-Board 16X PCI-Express Shared 128MB Integrated 3D Graphics Video Card()[-50]More ...
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[-12]More Brand...
Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA[+0]
EVGA Powered by NVIDIA[+5]

NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[-12]More Brand...

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+0]More Brand...

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+12]More Brand...

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+23]More Brand...

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB 16X PCI EXPRESS(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+56]More Brand...

NEW !!! NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB PCI Express x16(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+41]More Brand...

NEW !!! NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 512MB PCI Express x16(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+63]More Brand...

NEW !!! NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB PCI Express x16(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+67]More Brand...
EVGA Powered by NVIDIA[+17]
XFX Fatal1ty Edition Powered by NVIDIA[+23]

SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+111]More Brand...
XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA[+2]

SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+158]More Brand...

NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+189]More Brand...

NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+263]More Brand...
XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA[+20]

NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+395]More Brand...

NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express(Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)[+548]More Brand...
XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA[+28]

ATI RADEON X1050 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD()[-16]More ...
ATI Radeon X1550 256MB 16X PCI Express VIDEO CARD()[+9]More ...
ATI Radeon X1300 X16 PCI-E 128MB VIDEO CARD()[+19]More ...
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 16X PCI-E 256MB VIDEO CARD()[+50]More ...
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro PCI-E x16 256MB VIDEO CARD()[+128]More ...
ATI Radeon X1950XTX PCI-E x16 512MB VIDEO CARD()[+350]

Edited by MkLoe, 11 April 2007 - 06:01 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello,
If you only watching movies anything will get you by, if you have a motherboard with intergraded graphics it'll be plenty. If you are planning on watching Blu-ray or HD-DVD, well thats a different sotry, many requirements to meet, including a fairly good video card with HDCP support.
If you are playing any games at all, I'd recommend you get the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB, it'll run on lower settings and just get you by for the upcoming games, right to probably the end of the year. If you play any games at all this would probably be the lowest I'd recommend. If you want a ATI card for whatever reason you the 7600GS's competitor would be ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. These cards will fight back and forth, only one thing that I should mention. Both these cards have movie modes i guess you could call them, Purevideo for Nvidia and Vivo (I believe thats the name not 100%) for ATI. At the current drivers the ATI has better quality, though not noticable unless you put a fram side by side using both decorders to compare you'll see slightly better quality and less jaggies.
James

Edited by james_8970, 11 April 2007 - 09:22 PM.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
even though i love nvidia to death, i have to say get an ati card. they have always been better with real time video (movies) with the avivo technology.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Lol love Nvidia and you love AMD, can't go both ways now since AMD owns ATI. :whistling:

Avivo, lol [bleep], forgot the "A". Anyways as fortune and I have already said, if it's mainly movies you want, stick with ATI. You get a clearer picture with less "jaggies".
James

Edited by james_8970, 12 April 2007 - 03:32 PM.

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
well, AMD has always been nVidia's "brother" so we may see less of the 2 together, but they will still make chipsets together

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Correct for the moment anyways, but as time moves on we'll see them move further and further apart. AMD will force alot of pressure on Intel and Nvidia because of this move.
Also why play game with the competitor when you can promote your own products. They'll always work on AMD chipsets because they'll take any route to make an extra buck, but I have doubts that Nvidia's graphics cards would work up to par when compared to Intel or MSI or Nvidia chipsets.
James

whydoesithappen

whydoesithappen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm intreseted in the new HD stuff. Would the ATI Radeon X1650 Pro be good?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yes, just be sure that it has HDCP support(some older versions don't), without it you won't be able to run HD-DVD or Blu-ray. You also must have a HDCP enabled monitor or it won't work.
James

Edit: Be sure to have a higher end Dual core processor, HD is very CPU as well as GPU intensive. If you could spend a few more $$ and go one step up, but you should be fine with this graphics card. If I were you guys I'd wait one month, the 2x00 series are coming out with DX10 and apperently will be better for movies, namly HD content. Better yet the next generation will be all over the board, having prices from the 100$ range up to the 600$ enthusiast area.

Edited by james_8970, 13 April 2007 - 08:41 PM.