Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Will Not Boot...Sucks

• Please log in to reply

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright fellas here goes..... My computer will not boot... there it is... No seriously, All mobo lights fans on pcu/psu/case fans on. I can feel the harddrives spining but monitor will not come out of sleep mode, my first thought was the video card but i see no activity on my ram.. i found a bare spot on one of my ide cables goin to my hdd but i dont think it was the problem any help a new starting point perhaps.. been so long since i messed with one im lost....

Advertisements

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
oh yeah fan on the video card isnt turning....

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
try replacing the ram or cpu. if you have spare of either check it first

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well i dont have either its running corsair xms pro series dual ddr 1gig. and cpu is oldschool socket 478 intel 3gig 800fsb they dont even make the asus motherboard for this anymore its a p4c800e deluxe so im kinda up S*^& creek without a paddle

Jimmy2

Jimmy2

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Video card fan isn't turning? Then it most likely isnt getting power, which would be your problem.

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah i catch ya drift but youd think id still have action on the ram since windows would still be booting up right?? but it just lights up and drops out after a few seconds. i dunno i figure its either the mobo or the videocard.. but since i dont have a spare of either and my video card is a ragged agp card i dunno. its rather irritating i know that

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any more guesses anyone??

xXRedrumXx

xXRedrumXx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any more guesses anyone??