Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rules problem/Duplicate email

• Please log in to reply

chessermom

chessermom

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok i am apart of a few yahoo groups. So i have Microsoft Outlook 2003 and went in and set it up. Well i have created individual folders for each group then added the email address to my contacts. Then i went in and created rules to when i receive messages from the groups they go to their designated folders. My problem is they go in the floders and my inbox. How can i get them to just go to the designated folder?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi chessermom. Please bear with me while I try to gather additional information in order to assist you with this issue.

So i have Microsoft Outlook 2003 and went in and set it up.

What did you set up, your email account or the newsreader?

Then i went in and created rules to when i receive messages from the groups they go to their designated folders.

Please list the details of one of your rules, or open one rule for edit and take a screen print (use ALT+PrtScn to capture the active Window, paste it into Paint, save as JPG, then upload it to your reply).

My problem is they go in the floders and my inbox. How can i get them to just go to the designated folder?

Do you mean that email1 comes into your inbox, gets copied to the correct folder, and you end up with two email1 - one in your inbox and one in email1 folder?