Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Voyager 2500 advice please

• Please log in to reply

SharonMurray

SharonMurray

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
This forum has proved extremely helpful to me in the past, and I wonder if anyone can help me again.

I have recently signed up with BT Broadband Talk and have been sent a BT Voyager 2500v wireless voice router. I am currently using a D-Link GSL-G640T wireless router, which I would rather keep as it is already set up for my secure home network - assuming it is compatible for use with a digital phone.

Will it be possible to re-configure the BT Voyager router for my mother, who has just signed up as a first time internet user with Talk Talk and needs to by a router or modem? Are there any problems with using BT equipment with other ISPs that I should be aware of?

Thank you for your help.

Sharon,
Chester, UK

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Step 4 has the option to use your existing modem

http://www.talktalk....LP.BBHELP.MODEM

You could see if it runs

Most ADSL routers sold in the UK will be ready to connect to TalkTalk Broadband. The settings should be as below. If you have any problems with your router, please contact the manufacturer. We can't offer any support for hardware we haven't supplied.

VPI = 0
VCI = 38
DNS settings (primary) 62.24.199.13
DNS settings (secondary) 62.24.199.23
Authentication = CHAP
Encapsulation mode = PPP over ATM (PPPoA). VC-MUX

You will also need your TalkTalk Broadband username and password. You'll find these in the welcome letter we sent. If you cannot find your welcome letter and cannot remember your broadband username and password, you can call free of charge from a TalkTalk landline on 0870 0875 562 to retrieve them.

http://www.talktalk....Q=MODEMSETTINGS

SharonMurray

SharonMurray

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Keith,

Thank you for these pointers. I'll print out the instructions from the link and have them to hand when I set up my mother's TalkTalk connection.

Thanks again. :whistling:
Sharon