Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cable to connect Component Audio Cables to Computer Speakers

• Please log in to reply

roguefrog

roguefrog

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a PS2 connected to my computers monitor via component cables, but I have nothing to connect the component audio cables to for sound. What cable do I need to connect the component audio to my computer to use the speakers that are connected to it?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

From what I understand, the component cable consists of 5 RCA plugs, 2 of which are for the audio, right?
If so, then the two audio plugs are designed to be connected to an stereo amplifier. However you should in theory be able to connect them to the Line-in jack on your computers sound card.
To do this, you would need an adapter like the one below :

JK14Q.jpg

This is known as a 2 phono (RCA) to 3.5mm stereo adapter

UtahTabby

UtahTabby

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Question anyone.

I have an ancient Pioneer VSX 512S audio receiver component that I want to hook up to my HP Pavilion m7480n Media Center (windows XP Media) computer, so I can play my ITunes or MP3 songs through my large high-quality speakers, amped up by the receiver.

The receiver is so old it even has LD (Laser Disk) connections, so all the connections are red & white RCA jacks.

All my Media Computer has is either orange digital audio outs, gray/black/cheesey-color jacks, green headphone outs, blue (are these line out?) jacks, but no RCA jacks OUT, so how can I connect my computer's green or blue OUT jacks to the Pioneer's red & white audio IN jacks? Is this even possible?

2nd question, if I hook up my old turntable to my computer's red & white audio IN jacks, will this work to record my old LP albums or do I need to run an audio-out from the receiver, so the signal is amped before it reaches the computer?

Thanks if anyone can help, Tabitha