Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

KERNEL-DATA-INPAGE-ERROR

• Please log in to reply

hammy503

hammy503

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok hi, this is Hammy again posting about my BSOD problem a few days ago, Its in the forums somewhere. But anyways i recieved the BSOD again a day ago, and it says "Kernel-DATA-INPAGE-ERROR STOP: 0x0000007A (0XC05D38C0, 0XC000000E, 0XBA718384, 0X56E65860) Atapi.sys - Address BA718384 Base at BA70B0000 DATESTAMP 41107b4d"
Now i already looked up the problem in the forums that said what could be wrong with this problem. I found out the issue...it says that i need to Re install my disk controller drivers. I tried re installing them through with my WINDOWS XP cd, Went through the process...and i tried installing the SCI Disk Controller Drivers. it just said "There is no mass storage devices....blah blah blah" It simply just couldn't install. Now my problem is how do i get this to work? I have seen the errors through the "Device Manager" from "My computer" to "Properties; Hardware; Device Manager" and it had the Yellow Warning signs on the "RAID CONTROLLER". Is there anyway you guys can help? Please please please!! I BEG YOU! :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• asdfsadf.JPG

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If I understand correctly then the computer is running but fails from time to time. If this is the case enter the xp cd into the drive and click: start > run. Type sfc /scannow and press enter. A dialog box will open. Let the process run to the end. then the dialog box will just disappear.

Click start > run. Type chkdsk /r. Press Enter. Allow the process to run on the next bootup. Restart the computer and let the process run to the end.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
See your original post.

http://www.geekstogo...mp;#entry949656

hammy503

hammy503

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I tried letting it run to the end. It just freezes on stage 4 of 5. Chkdsk is verifying FILE DATA stage 4 of 5. It just freezes at 5 percent. I let it run for 3 hours and came back and it was still there.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Find out what make and model your HD is. From the manufacturer's site download a diagnostic program and run a complete test (usually there are quick and complete test). If you have problem with that let us know the details and we'll help you. If you have important data back it up before the test.

A raid driver can be loaded from the motherboar manufacturer's site. However, if you don't run raid arrangment you don't need it.