Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crysis HD trailer

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
CryTek, the makers of the popular Far Cry, are putting together another First Person Shooter that will undoubtedly quickly become a game benchmarking standard. It will run off CryENGINE 2 technology and will of course use the advanced DirectX 10 architecture, easily making it one of the most anticipated games of this year (TBA: 2007). No, I'm not hear to tell you I have a copy, although that would be nice. A High Definition trailer has arrived for everyone to feast their eyes on. It's so breathtaking that many rigs can't even play the video, not to mention the game.

Video: Quicktime HD Trailer (Length = 3:22)
Download: WMV | MOV | FLV

This video shows off much of the tech included with the new game engine.

(thanks to Neowin for this info)

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Ya thats what I hate about HD at the moment. My intergraded video and 1.4 k-7 can't run it. I think its time I left the family computer and built a computer of my own..... So that not only can I watch movies but play the game behind them as well :whistling:
Anyways anyone else waiting for this game, maybe even upgrading their computer for it?
James

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
WOW!! I will prolly play that over UT07 and Quake Wars. All look good but Crysis takes it thus far. That is a nice clip for sure.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Thats what it looks like now.....imagine the finished product. :whistling: :blink: :help: :help: :) :) :) :) :) :)
James

Edited by james_8970, 15 April 2007 - 07:08 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes I will be upgrading to play this game in its full glory.

no announced date for crysis, but it will be sometime this year. There will be plenty of room for UT3(formerly ut20070) and Enemey Territory: Quake Wars till it comes out.

Right now, build your system as fast as you can afford to do it and getting a dx10 card is "highly" recommended. Of course ATI is going to be releasing dx10 parts come summer. Nvidia already has their dx10 in the 8800gtx and 8800gt version. They have announce that they will be releasing lower (budget) dx10 parts in the near future.

As soon as I have some good and reliable recommended performance specs for this, I'll post them.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Thanks for the link!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
The ATI cards will be coming out in may, benchmarks to be released on the 23 of april. The highest end card will be called the HD 2900XT later on (when Nvidia releases the 8900) ATI will respond with the HD 2900XTX.
Nvidia's budget line are being released this week, supposedly tomorrow.
James

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
</drool>