Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Freq too low

• Please log in to reply

azret

azret

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting an error telling me that my Monitor Frequency is "out of range". It tells me that it is too low, somewhere around 25.... What could be causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanx for you help,
Azret

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Refresh rate.
If its flatscreen you can usually get away happily with a refresh rate of 60, not that its needed on TFTs anyway due to the way they work.

Go to Control Panel -> Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adaptor -> List All Modes. Depending on your resolution you'll have a range of options here, some will match your current resolution with different refresh rates. Pick the one at 60Hz and OK.

Failing this there may be an option in the monitor configuration menu to turn the message off.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
When does it say that the Frequency is out of range? Is it durring use or on startup?
if it on statup then enter safemode by hiting f8 right before the windows logo apears. Then start windows on VGA mode. Once windows has loaded change settings resolution to what u like just leave the refresh rate at 60Hz

azret

azret

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It happens during use, usually when playing a 3D game... WOW is the worst!!!

I already have my refresh rate set to 60Hz and I have a CRT monitor....

The monitor is getting a bit old (around 6yrs). Could age cause the problem?

I've been using Powerstrip so that I could overclock my GFX card... I'm gonna try updating my drivers and using them instead...

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
It isn't the monotor because it is a "dumb" machine. It only shows what it is given.
It is probubly the GFX card