Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash drives

• Please log in to reply

Big Rob

Big Rob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I have two flash drives: Kingston Data Traveler II Plus (2GB), and a DiskGo Secure 2GB. I recently installed Microsoft Word 2007 trial version to my desktop. I already have a running Microsoft Word 2003 version. Somehow I managed to save files on the 07' version that is not allowing me to save any Word information onto my drives. I removed the trial version of 07', removed and reloaded the 03' version along with the updates and I still have the same problem.

These are the messages that appear when I attempt to save any information onto my Kingston drive:

"Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error".

On my DiskGo drive..it relays this message:

"Word cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the save disk is not full, write protected or damaged".

I scanned both drives with my Semantic Anti-Virus programs and they both came up clean.

Does anyone have a clue of what I can do to fix these problems? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Big Rob

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
This may be a silly question, but is this an ACER computer? Also, did you recently install any audio or video components?

Also, do you have Windows Live OneCare installed?

Edited by jwinathome, 16 April 2007 - 06:41 AM.