Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Set MS IE to allow active content from CDROM

• Please log in to reply

kirbyellis

kirbyellis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
G'day all, I am trying to run Cisco Interactive Mentor (CIM) on my pc, from the local CDROM. Every time I click on one of the hyperlinks I get the message "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer..." When I check out the help function - right clicking on Explorer's Information Bar, it recommends that I just right click on the Information Bar each time this occurs and select "Allow Blocked Content" This is unsatisfactory due to the fact that the entire functionality of the CIM is based around my Browser allowing the files contained within CIM to run/show active content. Can anyone show me how I can set MSIE to enable active content from the local CDROM or any other work-around that someone else might know? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Kirby. :tazz:

Advertisements

mrburch

mrburch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To allow active content from a CD open IE and go to Tools, Internet Options. Click on the Advanced Tab and scroll down to the Security section. You'll see and option for allowing active content ion CDs and from My Computer. If you don't have those menu options, try upgrading to SP2.

Charlie Burch, A+, Network+, MCP