Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware remover

• Please log in to reply

chrisa23

chrisa23

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i dont know wether to install spybot search and destroy or adware se can annyone give me some adivice.....and 1 other thing i have sp2 so i use windows firewall is that safe a lot of firewalls including zonealarm, sygate,jetico seemed to slow down my pc... with windows firewall it seems as fast as when i got fix a week ago but im not sure.......

so far my pc seems virus free i use norton
ans spyware free with spysweeper
i also have regcure to make pc faster sometimes

/help would be appreciated/
thanks in advanced

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can install both as they do different things

Firewalls shouldn't slow things down considerably

Have you tried Comodo

http://www.filehippo...ownload_comodo/

Set a restore point before installing anything

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ill try it and i tell u how it goes but even thou is windows firewall safe enough or should i install another firewall because so far its good for me but if necessary ill install another firewall

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The Windows firewall blocks incoming data only

Most third party firewalls block incoming and outgoing data, which would be necessary if you loaded something errant on to the PC from a disc

VK.Jayy

VK.Jayy

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

so far my pc seems virus free i use norton

I know this is a tad off topic, but i would suggest using a different anti-virus as Nortons contains many 'back-doors'. If interested, AVG isn't such a bad anti-virus, can get a free version of that but i don't think it contains a firewall. I currently use NOD32 which i find is pretty good.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
to tell u the truth norton works fine with me i get no viruses and spyware and i use limewire pro so other than that maybey when i have to renew it i would change to a different av