Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer makes loud whirring noises

• Please log in to reply

reberiot

reberiot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i'm not very good with computers, so i have no idea whether the loud whirring sounds from the main box/system unit/tower(?) is because something is overheating or if the processes on my computer are causing it to do so. it works up when i use mozilla or internet explorer, and it also works up when i run cleanup! or norton systemworks. when i run cleanup! it suddenly pauses and refuses to respond. i am currently stuck on "deleting temporary files." the program has stopped at least ten times during this specific action.

oh and if it might mean anything, the dsl router is placed on top of the main box/system unit/tower(?).

i've tried restarting and shutting of the computer to give it some rest, but it hasn't been working.

sorry for not being able to give any better information on the computer, and i hope the description is enough for a diagnosis!

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Wellcome to G2G

Lets try and make some order in the problem

- The computer is in a standing box called a tower or just refer to it as the computer.
- If there is a noise that u mentiond it sounds like the fans inside the computer. You said that only makes noise when running programs so it is probubly the one in the front or back of the computer they have a heat sensor. If you open it up you cantry an use a vacume cleaner and clean up some of the dust or buy compressed air and spray the fans.
- About the computer freezeing does it happen only when deleteing or allso during other tasks?
- Did it finish the tasks?
- Next time you post can u give us some info about the computer?