Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alumni Directory Database

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I am trying to set up some advanced features on an Alumni website. The goal of the script would be to create a Users Directory. This directory would allow a user to view any of the other members information, and view/edit their own information. The information in question would be Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail. Other areas that could be used are OK.

If someone knows of a code like this existing somewhere I would love to know. Otherwise is there anyone that could give me a few sites that would help me create something like this.

I would prefer to be able to have the users be approved by the administrator before they can use their log-in.
I need all information to be unavailable to anyone who is not a member.
If possible I would like to be able to export the information into a csv file.

Thanks. I look forward to a response. :whistling:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Have you tried any of the generic script sites like http://www.hotscripts.com/

I have written my own, but it still needs work for someone that does not understand PHP well to be able to set up.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at that site. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for would be called, so I'm starting with Address Book, I'll post back if I need help, and continue checking here in case some others may have any ideas. Thanks. :whistling:

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
So far this is the closest thing to what I was looking for.

http://www.hotscript...iled/52992.html

It just has a few things that need changed. For One I would like the administrator to have to approve users before they can get into the directory. Also I would like the users to automatically be able to look up everyone by their first and last name. All the ones I am finding are just profiles that you can add and make an online address Book for yourself. My Goal is to make one uniform address book that you have to be a member to view the members. Anyone able to find a code on the site I would appreciate it. I'll keep looking too.

Thanks. :whistling:

(I guess it's kinda like MySpace in a way, but without Ads, and other junk.

Edited by Immortalarena, 20 April 2007 - 07:29 PM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You could have ago at editing it yourself? Find one that is almost what you want and change it if you can.

Have you goggled for other script sites? There a quite a few out there.

If all else you just might have to find someone to do it for you.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks, I have thought about coding my own, My hope was that it was already done by someone else, who had shared it, and also someone on this board may have seen something like it before.

Thanks for all the help. If anyone see's anything I'll check the thread if I get a response, but I'll keep on looking and post results if I ever find them.

Thanks again. :whistling:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
if you like you can have the bits a and pieces that make up mine, it might same some of the work.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Sure I'd be glad to have something to start from. Right now I just scratch my head and plan the database

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Attachment sent in PM :whistling:

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks, I'll take a look

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I know it's been a while since I posted this, but just in case anyone was interested I ended up writing my own code for this and it seems to be working really well. If anyone is interested in seeing the code, I would be happy to share it. Please PM me for details. Thanks,

-Matt