Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Steam problem

• Please log in to reply

DOH!

DOH!

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey guys I have run into a problem with Steam. I click steam it runs but doesn't open the window for steam or anything. So I click the .exe again thinking it didn't work and I get this error (Steam.exe (main exception): The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired.). It's just running in the background, so I ctrl+alt+del and end the process and click steam.exe again only for it to do the same thing. I have un/re-installed Steam multiple times and still cannot figure out why I can't play.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This issue is caused by a third-party application interfering with the normal operation of Steam - one process which has been identified with this crash is the Tuneup WinStyler Theme Service.

Please see the Disabling Background Applications article for instructions to disable this background application.

If the issue persists, please see the list of Programs Which Interfere with Steam and Spyware, Adware, and Viruses Interfering with Steam in order to ensure that any programs known to cause issues with Steam are disabled.

full article here: