Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Operating System CD

• Please log in to reply

rchillportal

rchillportal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My sound, system restore and seach functions have disapeared from this machine. When I insert the Operating System CD the computer will not read the CD. I have used the Operating System CD one other time without a problem (however it took 12 hours to restore the computer.

Edited by rchillportal, 20 April 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Can you give us an idea of what you were doing at the time when this problem started?

When you say you are having problems with the disc....does the CD-ROM read other discs just fine except the Windows one?

Any idea why it took 12 hours to restore before? That is not normal.

rchillportal

rchillportal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was probably deleting some useless program. The CD reader seems to read other disk (Usually). When I used it to restore the system the last time, message said "2 mins remaining" two mins was about 12 hours.