Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My mouse has disapeared

• Please log in to reply

jrs6494

jrs6494

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well actually my wifes mouse has disapeared. It was working fine then all of a sudden it was gone. She restarted and it was back but after 5 mins it disapeared again. I'm not sure whats happening. Its an HP, 1.7GHz, 1GB ram, vista. Please help.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G,

Have you looked down the back of the sofa? Are you certain the cat hasn't had it......?

Sorry. It's late in the UK & I'm over-tired.

Can you tell me whether this is a USB mouse, PS2 mouse or a wireless mouse please?
Have you tried the obvious - turn PC off & check the mouse securely plugged in (or the receiver if it's wireless)
Also, can you confirm whether this is a desktop computer or a laptop please?

jrs6494

jrs6494

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
its a wireless usb mouse on a laptop. you cant see the arrow but if you move the mouse you can tell that the mouse is working by right clicking and highlighting things. so the mouse works but you cant see the arrow.