Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Deleting file

• Please log in to reply

csdippel

csdippel

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
OK so there I was creating thousands of files for reasons that don't matter here..... I was deleting all of these files... sometimes up to 8 or 9 thousand files at once.

I went to delete another large group of files, just over 8,000 files, all images 512x512 pixels and under in .png format.

suddenly ... I can't delete anymore files!

The recycling bin looked empty all the while deleting these files. I never had to delete any.

now I looked at it for a second and all of the files were in it.. and I began to scroll down. Suddenly, it disappears again and looks empty. I can't empty the recycling bin.

Any ideas?

(EDIT) I think I may have figured this out... PLEASE WISH ME LUCK and I will post as soon as I learn the results!

Edited by csdippel, 21 April 2007 - 01:42 AM.

Advertisements

csdippel

csdippel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I fixed it... sorry you can end this thread now

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Care to share your solution? It may help others who run into the same problem.

Glad you got things sorted out... :whistling:

csdippel

csdippel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
The problem was that the operator was moving faster than the machine.... it had to load like 8000 icons at once ... I had to empty the recycling bin and bada-bing problem solved.