Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nintendo Wii Optical Drive Noise

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I bought my Nintendo Wii at Toys R Us on March 30th. So I've only had my system for about a month now. I've noticed that I can hear the optical lens move a lot while I play. At times it is annoying and it's so loud on some games that I believe damage is being done to my system.

Does anyone else notice loud sound coming from your Wii's optical drive lens while you play games?

Maybe it's just me... I mean computer disc drives are quite loud so I'm probably paranoid. But it really sounds as if it's hitting something or skipping at times.

Advertisements

likebana1

likebana1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone tried doing so yet? I haven't put a save on my card and looked at it on the comp, but I'm wondering if anyones done it. Maybe theres even a website out there thats hosting a bunch of saves. I don't have need for it right now, but I'd imagine eventually I'd want to download and try out a "Perfect" save file for certain games I know I'll never hit 100%. For example, when I get sick of Dragonball and I have yet to unlock all the characters, it would be cool to download a save file with all the characters for multiplayer.