Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard Question

• Please log in to reply

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi, I took an old working computer apart awhile ago to use the case for a newer computer. Due to boredom I'm putting that computer back together in another case but the thing won't POST, no beeping and no image on the monitor. I took care of the motherboard, kept all the parts in anti-static bags, I use anti-static wrist bands. I was reading some trouble shooting tips and it says to make sure the 4 pin 12v connector is pluggeed in but I don't see one on this board, could I be overlooking it or do older boards not have one? It's an ASUS ASB100 it uses DDR (not DDR2) and an AGP slot, it also takes a 20 pin connector. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Edited by Gusterv10, 24 April 2007 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Asus there is no such board as a ASB100.

According to Google all ASB100 refers to is a hardware monitoring chip which utilities such as Speedfan can talk to in order to ascertain information about CPU temperatures and fan speeds and what not.

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I was afraid of that, off the top of my head I don't have the model number but that's the only thing I could find on the bored. Either way, do some motherboards not use 4 pin connectors?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some boards don't need 12v power.