Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Burning Program?

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Whats a good burning program nowadays? I remember using nero about 2 years ago and it was okay... haven't burnt stuff in a long time haha

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I would say it's between Roxio's Easy CD Creator and Nero. I've been using Roxio for years, so I like it, but I like the fresh look and features of Nero. I will say this however... Some songs don't burn correctly on Nero... They have these strange sounds coming out once you play the CD. Roxio doesn't do that. It might have been from the speed I had Nero set to, but all I can say is that Roxio had no issues.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
my absolute favorite is CDburner XP pro...it's free...and it doesn't have all the useless bells and whistles that the others have...just plain and simple put the stuff on a disk and go

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Is anything wrong with Sonic? Came preinstalled. Works great for me.

Schnick1

Schnick1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I use Nero almost exclusively. I never have a problem with anything I burn. It's very easy to use (intuitive), and has lots of features packed into it :whistling:

DMME

DMME

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Is anything wrong with Sonic? Came preinstalled. Works great for me.

That program only comes pre-installed on HP computers if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong though, I love Sonic. I have an HP and I don't plan to switch to any other burning program.

Schnick1

Schnick1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sonic is also pre-loaded on Dell machines. All the Dells we have at my work have the program.
I guess if your PC has it pre-loaded, and you don't want to spend any extra $ then it'll do the job for most of your basic burning needs :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sonic/roxio are the same company. I stopped using roxio a long time ago because it was bloated, problematic, and did not have the greatest support.

Sonic bought them from Adaptec a while back. Sonic products for the most part, are pretty good. I wouldn't recommend going and buying it, but since it comes freely bundled with many pc's, it is a good choice.

Nero is some thing that i have used for a long time. Works well. All thought they bundle a lot of different apps with the platinum version, the core bundle is still solid and efficient as it always has been.

Dsennetts recommendation is also a good choice. I use it on systems that I need to create cd-r's but don't have a valid liscence for a burning software program.