Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer tower problem

• Please log in to reply

temiko

temiko

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a desktop for about 5 years and it used to work fine, couple days ago after my cousin used it every time i turn my computer on the fans would turn on, and the hard drive light in the front stays red but my on button light stays powered off, and my lcd screen doesn`t recive anything from the tower so it stays blank or says no connectivity. i tried to reset the mother board by taking out the battery and unplugging it but still doesnt work but one time i turned it on and the bios came on but when i pressed the button for my cd drive, it went blank and the light went off in the front, can some 1 help me please i have alot of homework and i am going nutts thanks!

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Lets try and see what we have.
- Does the computer beep at all when you turn it on?
- can you give us information about you're computer?

temiko

temiko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no no beeping sound i dont know much about my computer just that a family member built it for me um i know its a 256 ram and a sis motherboard Pentium 4. and i use a geforce 2 card.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Try and disconnect parts of the hardware. Do this wile the it is un pluged.
try by first disconnecting the hard disks - It would be the easyest to disconnect only the power to it (the 4 line cable).
Now try and turn it on.
If nothing then disconnect another part leave graphics card ram and processor.
If nothing responds take out the graphics card and try again.

Any luck?

temiko

temiko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no but i thought it might be the motherboard so i went out and bought a biostar p4m80-m4 and everything works but i do not get a screen

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
How does everything work?

but i do not get a screen

Do I uderstand that the computer beps but does not come on?
Can u enter the bios?

To c only the bios you only need to connect the ram cpu and monitor.
If this is a dfferent mother board than you'r old one you probubly need to repair you'r windows. But then you should at least get a screen if want safe mode.

Here is a link to the setup of the board you bought. Check if all is conn3cted correctly.