Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel graphics driver

• Please log in to reply

demonicangel

demonicangel

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Every now and then my computer crashes and i get an error message commenting on an error i cant remember exactly what the message says, but when i restart i get another saying my pc has just recovered from a serious error, ive been directed to a link by intel corporation which is supposed to be the solution but i dont really get what exactly im supposed to download there, can anyone please help me? this is the link they provided me with. Thanks in advance

http://www-307.ibm.c...ocid=MIGR-50885

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi demonicangel.

The link is for an updated video driver for certain ThinkPad models. Is your system one of ThinkPad models listed in that link? If so, download the driver for your model and install it.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Nop, thats what i dont get, i dont know what a think pad is, i dont know where im supposed to look to see if i have one and which one i have. :whistling:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Well, in that case, rats!!! What we need now is the exact error message to try to track down what's going wrong on your system.

Let's check the Event Viewer for any Errors or Warnings that might have been logged at the same time as the last crash. To get to the Event Viewer, click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Services, Event Viewer. On the left side of the screen are three categories: Application, Security, and System. Check under Application and System for any events that are listed as Warnings or Errors, that also have a date and time that correspond to the error. Once you have an event open, you can click the "copy to clipboard" icon (just below the down arrow) to copy the error text, then you can paste it in a reply to this thread.

Of course, if your system crashes in the next couple of hours, be sure to jot down everything related to the error.

These crashes are from within Windows and not during boot. Is that correct? Please explain exactly when your system crashes, what you think may prompt the crash or what you are doing at the time of the crash, and what happens afterward (if the system reboots, or blue screens, etc). Be as specific as possible.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
The crash happens while im using the computer , just surfing the web, or when im playing an online game, the screen goes black then when i get an image again it all looks weird, cant really explain it, sort of the way it looks if u go into safe mode, then the error message comes up.

this is the error log i found in the administrative tools

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 4/24/2007
Time: 10:12:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PAULETTESCOMP
Description:
Error code 000000ea, parameter1 811ca6e8, parameter2 812e71f8, parameter3 812870b8, parameter4 00000001.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 65 000000e
0020: 61 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d a Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 38 31 eters 81
0030: 31 63 61 36 65 38 2c 20 1ca6e8,
0038: 38 31 32 65 37 31 66 38 812e71f8
0040: 2c 20 38 31 32 38 37 30 , 812870
0048: 62 38 2c 20 30 30 30 30 b8, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 31 0001

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
So just randomly your display goes black, and when it comes back on it's all messy/big like you're in safe mode. Is that correct? Sounds like the graphics card.

1. Go back to Event Viewer, open that Error and click the MS Help and Support link. Does it give you any information on how to correct it?

2. What make/model is your computer?

3. What make/model is your graphics card? Go online (either at your computer manufacturer's site or your graphics card manufacturer site), download the most current driver, and install it.

If updating the driver doesn't correct the problem, you may need to replace the graphics card.

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Definitely sounds like faulty drivers.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

Definitely sounds like faulty drivers.

If you are going to use the "Add Reply" button, at least make it worth it. This is not in the least bit helpful.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I think i may be in kind of a pickle now, i had a rough time finding the model of my graphics card thingy, but i think i found it, i visited intel corp page, looked up the model and everything but i dont know what exactly to download there, i also came accross another page well the one that said support and information and it read that they no longer provide support for this product and other stuff. so im gonna include the link to all the downloadable drivers they have there. My pc model is a compaq presarrio 6000 desktop. oo and um sorry if im so ignorant in this kinda stuff, i know it can get annoying at times, so please bare with me. thanx again for ur help

http://downloadcente...f...&sType=prev

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
The HP and Compaq series usually having a trailing number, like the 6000 series but it could be model 6010US. Check the back of your machine for the exact model so it will be easier to determine what type of motherboard and video chipset you have.

Also, I would recommend trying using Everest as well to identify your video chipset. Please post your results so we can furthur assist you, thanks!

Advertisements

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I checked the back and i didnt find any indication of the exact model, on the front of my pc is where i saw the 6000 number, i downloaded everest and ran it already, now please let me know what info u need from it so i can add a reply

Edited by demonicangel, 26 April 2007 - 04:16 PM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Here is the link to the list of Compaq Presario 6000 Series Desktop Models. Without the specific model, it's hit and miss. However, I look at about 6 different models and they all have this nvidia driver in common.

Look at the Everest report and confirm that the display adapter is nvidia. If so, download and install that driver.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Ok i checked everest but i found nothing that said nvidia, although i did see something that caught my attention, in the windows video, was this
Installed Drivers ialmrnt5 (4.13.01.3055), the reason why it caught my attention is cause the error message i get after the comp crashes said something about ialmrnt5, and also in that even viewer u had me look at earlier, i saw this in some of the error thingies as well, so i figured mayb its related.

Not sure if this is any help, but hopefully it is.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Here's a link to the most current Intel graphics driver.

Download the first one and install it. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
hi, um i guess this will b sucky news, i tried downloading it twice, and i get a message saying my pc doesnt meet the minimum requirements for installation, i dont know where to go from here.