Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd-burner?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

LionsGate

LionsGate

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
well me shopping online for a dvd burner is like a retard looking at a snow globe.

which dvd-burner is good for my home pc? dollar range 75-150. just need to rip and burn dvds i rent or buy. i just

upgraded to windows media11. from the info i have read so far i think i like the

LG - 18x External Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive GSA-E40L(and still all those numbers means nothing to me)

just need suggestions or advice before i drop a buck and a .25

so please help this retard out, thanks.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Based on what your telling me, your only looking at external burners.

Ok after googling that model I came up with the following.
It has lightscribe, this feature will alow you to burn images onto the flip side of a CD/DVD, however only special discs that cost like 15$ for packs of 5, the cost is something like that.
It supports double layer DVD's, what these are, are DVD's that support two layers of information effectivly doubling the amout of information that can be placed onto one disc.
It can also burn on typical DVD's and CD's

18x stands for the speed at which it can burn. If a burner burnt at 1x for a 1hour movie, it'd take 1 hour to burn, a 2x burner would take 30 minutes to burn or a in this case 3.3 minutes to burn.

Before you purchase this, I strongly recommend you look into your computers specs. If you don't have USB 2.0 it'll be unbearable slow and your only option would be to get an internal drive or else be stuck with something that underperforms.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?

James

LionsGate

LionsGate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thanks james. well my buddy custom built this computer intending to make it a gaming server. im pretty sure it is capable, but to make sure where do i look to see if it is a usb2.0?

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
So you are burning DVDs you rent? :whistling:

LionsGate

LionsGate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
trying to.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Sorry my help ends here, you are attempting illegal activities and I as well as everyone else cannot and will not provided any more help.
This topic will close shortly.
James

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry happieparker...

We can't and won't help you make illegal copies of copyrighted material. It's against the law and against the Terms of Use we all agree to when we join.

This topic is closed.