Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Mechanic v7.0.4 Standard Professional

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I'm still using System Mechanic v4 from a few years back. I only use it for it's "startup manager" where you can enable and disable startup items. I also use it for the "wizard" where you can run a trace cleanup [internet and more], reg mechanic, defragmentor, all in one shot. I really love this program. I also use a very advanced defragmentor that windows doesn't have and you can only use it in this program.

I have not used the any of the newer versions of System Mechanic because I downloaded a trail version of System Mechanic v6 long ago and ran it on my system. I can remember that it had some sort of wizard too and I ran it. It deleted a ton of files and I seen it delete some Nero files which I was scared because I thought it was deleting very important files from Nero [although I'm not sure, all I saw was Nero files and other stuff going fast in the list]. I thought it destroyed some of the important files of my system and you know what I'm not sure if it did so maybe I was paranoid. Anyways I deleted xp off my drive and reinstalled it because I had fear that it ruined stuff even though my system still booted up fine. I also noticed it took a heck of a long time to run the wizard on v6 which I was testing.

Anyways it's been years now and I'm sure my v4 of System Mechanic that I still have on my pc is not doing me any good anymore with all the advancements in software and the way windows xp is now. My work gave me "System Mechanic 7.0.4 Standard Professional" as a going away to my new job gift and I don't want to install it because I fear it may cause damage to my system like when I was testing v6.

Does anyone know if it is any good or if I should stick to the old v4 I have? What are the goods and the bads of the newest System Mechanic v7? I need to know so I can install it or keep my old one. I don't want it to ruin or delete files off my pc.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Read this and draw your own conclusions: http://www.forbes.co...e_0425iolo.html

It wouldn't have a home on my PC. If all you need is a startup manager try this, it's a gem: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml