Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

quick question about login on vista

• Please log in to reply

shinakuma9

shinakuma9

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
hi,
if any of u didnt know, with windows xp, the administrator account cannot be seen on the normal windows xp logon screen, only your account, and if u hit ctrl+alt+del on the windows xp logon screen, then the classic logon screen would come up and u could log on as administrator there.
now my question is, can u do the same thing on vista? and does the admin account show up on the login screen of vista?

Advertisements

fear187

fear187

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I read with VISTA that as a security precaution, since by default, the Administrator account is not password protected... so as a security precaution they disabled the Administrator account... you have to enable it yourself manually. How you go about doing that, I am unsure. I do know that Vista premium does not allow you to use the "Local Users & Groups" snapin... (won't let you install it... see for yourself, go to run, type MMC.MSC... hit enter, and file>add snapin>"choose local users & Groups" ) ... I couldn't even find the Local Security Policies (not in same place where it is with XP).. and I'm thinking they probably will deny you access to that too... (tried looking for that snapin in the mmc to add it to it... but didn't see it listed to add).