Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX HANGS

• Please log in to reply

jandg4206

jandg4206

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I love firefox but 2 nights ago it started hanging constantly like ill be typing and it will freeze and then like 5 secongs later it will kick back in. it does this with every page when im typing or not...(ie... browsing, scrolling, searching.) It very annoying i know its not my internet connection...interent explorer works fine and so does other browsers ive tried please help I Have unistalled everything cleaned registry....still doing it...helppppppp...i dont want to switch back to old IE!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jandg4206, 26 April 2007 - 12:09 PM.

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Have you tried clearing the cache?

Tools > Options > Privacy > Private Data > Clear now - then select cache and anything else you wish to clear.

You can set Firefox to clear the cache on every exit by going to Private Data and choosing your options in 'Settings'.