Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot disk error?

• Please log in to reply

1s24k

1s24k

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i am new here so i do not know where goes where, go easy on me please, thanks

well yeah

i took the comp apart and put it back again, everything is in order, power, ide cable, ram, graphics, everything
hard drive has xp installed, loads of files in HDD, when i like restart the comp it says
no boot disk or something or something like please insert boot disk, never happen to me before first time seeing it.
it only happen sometimes and when i restart it works normal

could it be the HDD sector?
BIOS settings?
cable?
or something else?

Chierkh,

thank you

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Sounds like maybe the cables need to be reseated.

1s24k

1s24k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i've done that but that boot disk error still pops up

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I would get the utility from the hard drive manufacturers website and see if your hard drive is a problem. IF you are electronic savvy you may also want to check the voltages on the power supply.... you can try checking them in cmos but that might not be totally accurate...