Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XOFTSPY

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

Since i have upgraded to Vista, heaps of my software that i have paid for are not compatible.

XOFTSPY is one that i wish was compatible.

Can somebody tell me when XOFTSPY will be compatible.

Also, can someone tell me what other program i can use for the time being.......

I am willing to spend upto $100.

Peter.

Advertisements

Tigger93

Tigger93

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,870 posts
Hello,

XOFTSPY was on the rogue spyware list. You can view why here.

If you need another program, a good alternitive would be SUPERAnti-Spyware, which is free. :whistling:

Edited by Tigger93, 29 April 2007 - 03:51 PM.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
HI, and thanks for your reply.

I wasnt aware that it was on the rogue spyware list. Thanks for that.

Do you have a link for superanti-spyware.

Does it support Vista???

Peter.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi, you can download it here: http://www.superantispyware.com/ ... Also, you might want to check out the Malware Section of the forum, which has numerous links and information which can prove helpful to you. have a look here: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html ... Hope this helps you.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Thanks heaps

Peter

VK.Jayy

VK.Jayy

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yea my XoftSpySE run okay, it searched and picked up a couple of things. Yet, i thought i had removed these items, but when i scanned again, it picked the same items up?
Probably try out the alternative Tigger mentioned.

Pareto1

Pareto1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am an employee at ParetoLogic, the makers of XoftSpySE, and I wanted to confirm that you are correct in that XoftSpySE is not compatible with Vista at this time. We will be offering a Vista ready anti-spyware application at the end of 2007, so if you were pleased with XoftSpySE I encourage you to check it out.

I also wanted to address the comment posted regarding our program being listed as rogue spyware. It is true that in 2002, XoftSpy was included in this list. As a new company that engaged affiliates as its main channel of sales at the time, ParetoLogic had not yet formulated policies and guidelines for appropriate affiliate marketing of its products. Though most of the ParetoLogic affiliates conducted themselves in an appropriate manner, there were some that used marketing and/or advertising tactics that were not well accepted by the Internet community. This situation was remedied in 2003 at which time ParetoLogic was removed from Spyware Warrior’s list.

I wish you all the best in your Internet security efforts!

Pareto1