Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 email address display

• Please log in to reply

slk230red

slk230red

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I receive an email, the person's name is displayed in the header but not their email address. If I receive an email from "John", I don't know which "John" unless I right click on the line and select properties. This is annoying! I down loaded Mozilla Firebird and it works like I want it to....I have a choice of All Header or Normal Header. This way, I can see the email address from the sender before opening the message.
Does anyone know if this can be done with Outlook Express?

Thanks,

Dave

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is an option on the View menu to show all headers, but this only works if you double-click the message to open it separately and the option is only available from the View menu in that message window - it doesn't apply at all if you're using the preview pane.

slk230red

slk230red

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neil,

Even that doesn't work with my OE6. I would like to the senders email address before opening the email or any attachments.

Dave

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In which case this is a limitation of Outlook Express and the best solution is to migrate to Thunderbird or other email clients. Outlook Express hasn't been updated since 2004 and has been dumped altogether in Windows Vista in favour of Windows Livemail which is the same sort of thing but with all the limitations of Outlook Express.

slk230red

slk230red

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the tip, Neil. I switched to Mozilla Thunderbird and now the sender's email is displayed along with their name.
Perfect!!!

Thanks,

Dave