Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word

• Please log in to reply

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I appologise if this has been asked before, but could you explain how to delete a page at the end of a word document

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Joel Walter. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Is the last page blank? Do you know if there are sections setup?

Usually you can put the cursor at the end of the text and use the Delete key to delete everything after the where the cursor is. If that doesn't work, arrow down to the very end of the document, past all the white space, then use the Backspace key.

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Joel Walter. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Thank you

Is the last page blank? Do you know if there are sections setup?

The last page is blank, and I have section breaks in my document, but I dont seem to have one for the last page, however the page before the blank one is landscape layout & the all other pages are portfolio layout.

Usually you can put the cursor at the end of the text and use the Delete key to delete everything after the where the cursor is. If that doesn't work, arrow down to the very end of the document, past all the white space, then use the Backspace key.

I dont seem to be able to do this, could you explain a bit more?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
When using Sections, it can get a little tricky to remove that last blank page. Try changing the top/bottom margins for that last landscape page, to see if you can get rid of that last blank page.

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

When using Sections, it can get a little tricky to remove that last blank page. Try changing the top/bottom margins for that last landscape page, to see if you can get rid of that last blank page.

I dont know how to do that

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Put your cursor somewhere on that last page, then click File, Page Setup, and decrease the top and/or bottom margins slightly to see if that can remove the extra page. Be sure to save your document before making any changes.

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Put your cursor somewhere on that last page, then click File, Page Setup, and decrease the top and/or bottom margins slightly to see if that can remove the extra page. Be sure to save your document before making any changes.

by last page you mean the last page I want to keep right?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Yes - put your cursor on the last page you want to keep. Changing the margins sometimes will take the last blank page away.

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yes - put your cursor on the last page you want to keep. Changing the margins sometimes will take the last blank page away.

I have reduced it significantly but there is no change

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Try changing the last section break from "Next Page" to "Continuous". Be sure to save your document before making changes.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Also, see this Link that gives information on working with Sections. Try following the instructions for "Merging Sections" at the end of this document.

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Try changing the last section break from "Next Page" to "Continuous". Be sure to save your document before making changes.

How do I change it?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You didn't create this document, did you?

To change the type of break, you must insert a new break and delete the existing break. To better see what's going on with the document, change the View to Normal (View menu, Normal).

Joel Walter

Joel Walter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

You didn't create this document, did you?

To change the type of break, you must insert a new break and delete the existing break. To better see what's going on with the document, change the View to Normal (View menu, Normal).

I created it but I was following instructions when I did the section breaks (it was the first time I have used them)

I found an easier way, by selecting the page of landscape and choosing to have this section as landscape. thank you for your help

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Thanks for letting us know your solution!